Welcome to the Kentucky SBIR/STTR Resource Center
The Kentucky SBIR/STTR Resource Center is managed by the Kentucky Science and Engineering Foundation (KSEF), your partner in Kentucky SBIR.
- We help Kentucky innovators, entrepreneurs, and technology-oriented small businesses (i.e. 500 or fewer people) who have an innovative concept and need to advance it, translate it into a product or a technology for commercialization, and profit from it.
- We help prepare you and your Kentucky-based* company for success in the highly competitive Federal Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Grant Programs. These Federal grants allow businesses to conduct feasibility studies in Phase I (up to $150,000) and development of a prototype in Phase II (up to $1,000,000) for eventual commercialization in Phase III using non-federal dollars. Eleven Federal agencies participate in the SBIR Program and five participate in the STTR Program.
- We offer assistance to qualified Kentucky-based* businesses walking through the SBIR/STTR process including: one-on-one consultation, matching your idea for its best fit with federal agencies, available resources for businesses, training on proposal development, Financial assistance for competitive proposal development, and providing post-award guidance.
- Take the time to carefully and thoroughly think through your innovative idea.
- Decide which agencies might have an interest in your unique concept.
- Visit the websites for those agencies and browse through their solicitations for the topics most closely associated with your innovation. For most people this is not a particularly easy process but don't get discouraged. If you do not get started, you will not reach your destination and get rewarded.
AVAILABLE TO KENTUCKY
- Kentucky SBIR/STTR Phase Zero and Phase Double Zero Program
- Kentucky SBIR/STTR Matching Funds Program
- Kentucky Innovation Network
- Register a Kentucky Business
- Check your Kentucky-based organization's status
- Contact the Kentucky Secretary of State